- This event has passed.
Weekend at Fisherhaven (Various)
14 February – 16 February
Camping on Thordis Sixt’s property near the Botriver lagune. Location is ideal for bird watching and wild horses are often around.
Hikers can arrive on Friday 14 Feb, pitch their tends and settle in.
The outing is limited to 10 people.
- Everything depends on the Botrivier itself, if low we can walk to the beach ½ hour and then along the beach to Kleinmond approx 10km.
- People can swim in the Botrivier, watch birds, if lucky the pelican and flamingos are there and the wild horses.
- We shall decide on the spot where to hike. Whatever suits everyone.
- People can also relax and do their own things.
- Hikers must please bring their own tent. For braai I supply the wood.
- The yard is fairly big. So far it seems it will be seven tents.
- With enough people I will have to hire a toilet with basin, since my wooden dolls house is small with only one toilet. We shall divide the cost thereof between the people present.
- There is an outside shower.
Contact Thordis Sixt at firstname.lastname@example.org
The club uses a grading system (given in brackets after the hike name) to make it easier for club members to communicate the difficultly of an outing. You can check out our Meets Grading page for details on how to use the grading system, or alternatively you can contact the meet leader directly if you are unsure of the difficulty of a meet.