- This event has passed.
Hike Leaders Workshop
29 June 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm SAST
– What types of hikes are the members interested in
– Route Safety forms
– How to determine the grading of a hike
– Basic principles of how to lead a hike
– Advanced skills about how to safely lead scrambling routes
– What to take on a hike e.g. Basic nutrition and first Aid Kit
– What to do if someone needs help, First AID, WSAR
RSVP to email@example.com before the 15th of June, but please come it will help us to determine who to ask to lead upcoming hikes and it will also provide you with valuable information of how to lead your next hike.
The club uses a grading system (given in brackets after the hike name) to make it easier for club members to communicate the difficultly of an outing. You can check out our Meets Grading page for details on how to use the grading system, or alternatively you can contact the meet leader directly if you are unsure of the difficulty of a meet.