- This event has passed.
Slanghoek Pile, Bainskloof
14 April @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
I will be hosting a day hike in Bainskloof, along the Bobbejaansrivier and up the Slanghoek Pile on Sunday 14th April 2019.
This is a combined hike for HH and PW members. Nature Conservation permits will be required and I have provisionally booked 10 places at R50.00 a pop. Wild Card holders pay nothing, but you still need a permit.
Anyone wanting to join after that must organize their own permit – do not contact me.
Important Points to Ponder(IPTP):
- this is a long day in the mountains, 16km there and back, with ~1200m ascent, of which half is off-trail up the Slanghoek Pile peak
- As I have not done this hike myself, the second part up the peak will involve route finding… possibly… so its THAT kind of hike 😉
- I am not a trail runner, so we are moving slow – reasonable cardio is required.
More info here with some photos: https://www.ralphpina.com/
- Meet at VCSV parking lot at the top of Bainskloof at 08h00 sharp sharp.
- There may be swimming in the river so carry whatever makes you comfortable to swim in.
- The usual day pack stuff.
|Height exposure||Degree of difficulty|
|A – No exposure to heights||1 – An easy stroll|
|B – Mild exposure to heights||2 – Moderate|
|C – Moderate exposure to heights||3 – Strenuous exercise|
|D – Very exposed to heights||4 – Only for the very fit|